Categories
Conflict Resolution Parenting

Conflict Resolution Strategies for Parents

Description of this page!

Our first parent series episode is about conflicts between parents and teens, and how to work through them constructively and with care.
Our second parent series episode is about conflicts between parents and teens, and how to work through them constructively and with care.
Our second parent series episode is about conflicts between parents and teens, and how to work through them constructively and with care.
Our second parent series episode is about conflicts between parents and teens, and how to work through them constructively and with care.
Our second parent series episode is about conflicts between parents and teens, and how to work through them constructively and with care.
Our second parent series episode is about conflicts between parents and teens, and how to work through them constructively and with care.
Our second parent series episode is about conflicts between parents and teens, and how to work through them constructively and with care.
Our second parent series episode is about conflicts between parents and teens, and how to work through them constructively and with care.
Our second parent series episode is about conflicts between parents and teens, and how to work through them constructively and with care.

Note from Taarika Board Member, Punam Nagpal, who led the Conflict Management series with Ms. Deborah La Fond LMFT.

Conflicts can occur at home, in the workplace, and in society. The main reason for most of my conflicts ends up being misunderstanding and Mr. Doubt. In my experience, 90% of conflicts can be resolved by removing the misunderstandings and doubts and if we can let go of the remaining 10%, we can have a beautiful relationship with almost everyone at home, in the workplace, and throughout our communities.

I had the pleasure to record nine podcast episodes with Ms. Deborah La Fond LMFT, who is a Psychotherapist and an expert working with kids and families for more than 22 years. In these podcasts, we discussed the sources of conflicts at home, the possible consequences of these conflicts, and of course, the strategies to handle these surprisingly-common situations.

In the final episode, I shared my own learnings of managing conflicts with my son and daughter, who are now 15 and 20 years old, respectively. During this parenting journey, I had to unlearn 4 Cs – Comparison, Criticism, Competition, and Control. At the same time, I embraced other 4 Cs – Communication, Collaboration, Connection, Compassion.

Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com

During this parenting journey, I had to unlearn 4 Cs – Comparison, Criticism, Competition, and Control. At the same time, I embraced other 4 Cs – Communication, Collaboration, Connection, Compassion.

Punam Nagpal

I learned that I need to be a role model for my kids. Whatever I want my child to learn, first I need to exhibit that in my own behavior – “walk the talk.” Nurturing their body is important by offering nutritious food but nurturing their soul is equally important. Comparison, Criticism, Competition and Control drain their inner powers while Communication, Collaboration, Connection, Compassion will empower them to choose and walk on the right path. Powerful parents will raise powerful kids. If I create vibrations of worry, anger and conflict at home, that will make the whole family weak. It’s the parents’ responsibility to make a peaceful and harmonious environment at home.
 

For more guidance, please listen to the episodes above where I share what I had to let go of and what I did to embrace problem-solving and mutual understanding within my family.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s